Students with the Upper Canada DSB International Education Program are immersed into the English language while living with a welcoming Canadian homestay family.
As an international student, you will encounter a new world of adventure when you stay with a carefully selected and pre-screened host family. These families share their home and provide students from other countries with an opportunity to experience Canadian culture, customs and language. Our welcoming homestay families also invite students to share their culture and experiences with the host family.
Being in the right home is critical to success and a student’s ability to adjust to their new life in Canada. The Upper Canada DSB has a partnership with the Canada Homestay Network – the largest and most experienced homestay company in Canada. They ensure that all homes are inspected prior to approval and they keep regular communication with students for the duration of their stay.
Homestay hosts provide students with a safe and nurturing home environment. Students will have a private bedroom and regular nutritious meals. Homestays will receive financial compensation on a set monthly basis to cover the additional expenses they incur by hosting a student. Spending money is the responsibility of the student and his or her natural parents. The hosts support and care for the student as their own child and the intention is to make them feel like a true member of the family.
We have assigned homestay coordinators available 24/7 to provide the host family and student with support and guidance.
Host a student
If you are interested in hosting an international student during their studies in Upper Canada, please contact Canada Homestay International at 1-877-441-4443 or visit www.whyihost.com.
Responsible for coordinating the program office, supporting the Canada Homestay Network’s (CHN) staff, liaising between the CHN and the International Education Program, and promoting CHN’s image by representing the Homestay Program and CHN internally and externally.
Sonja is the Relationship Manager for students at the following schools:
- Thousand Islands Secondary School
- Rideau District High School
- Athens District High School
- Brockville Collegiate Institute
- Perth & District Collegiate Institute
- Carleton Place High School
- Almonte & District High School
Julie is the Relationship Manager for students at the following schools:
- St. Lawrence Secondary School
- Tagwi Secondary School
- Char-Lan District High School
- Seaway District High School
- Glengarry District High School
- Cornwall Collegiate Vocational School
- North Dundas District High School
- Rockland District High School
- Russell High School
- Vankleek Hill Collegiate Institute
- North Grenville District High School
- South Grenville District High School
- Smiths Falls District Collegiate Institute